Monday, October 4, 2010

October is Black Cat Month!

Ah yes, fall is here!  My favorite time of the year!  Not only because it's my birthday - on October 30th, I'll officially turn 5 years old!!  But also, Oct. 29th is National Cat Day, and this month is Black Cat Month!  Not to mention the cooler fall weather, leaves turning awesome colors, LOTS of bird migration activity, and of course, Halloween!
Now while I'll be celebrating all month long, I'm not sure of the origins of Black Cat Month, but it probably stems from black cats being associated with Halloween and witches and superstitions etc.  I did come across this great article about black cats, and a sweet black cat photo gallery.  And while I'll be celebrating from the safety of inside my humble abode, I should pass along a warning to my midnight cousins out there, especially outdoor kitties, to try and stay indoors, especially around Halloween.  After all, we don't want any "ghosts" or "goblins" getting us!  In fact, I'm sure just hearing "trick or treat!" outside my door will leave me scampering under the bed!!  Booo!!


Don't forget - it's still not too late to enter these awesome pet photo contests!!

- Kodak 'Possessed' Pets Photo Contest
-PetSmart 'Scare Your Way Into A Petsmart Commercial' Photo Contest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter

About Me

My photo
Tulsa, OK, United States
Meow! I'm Mischief, a 4 year old female black cat (descendant of the Bombay breed). I'm pretty sweet and loveable most of the time, but I sure can live up to my name! This is my blog, so grab some catnip, sit back, relax, and enjoy reading all about my exciting cat tales of travel, adventure and FUN!!

Networked Blogs

Powered by Blogger.