Friday, September 24, 2010

Let's Go Mouse Hunting!

I've yet to experience the opportunity to get up close and personal with these cute little vermin, but in recent weeks my human discovered one eye-balling her when she went to open a cabinet door.  We had all already heard the little "squeak squeak" and patter of little feet now and then, but up until that moment, the mouse had all but been a ghost.  No, she didn't scream, and in the blink of an eye he was gone.  And darn it, I think I missed my chance because we haven't heard a peep since.  Or....maybe my gentleman caller across the hall got to him!  Yes, I admit, I'm still meowing at my door, and he's calling to me from his....sigh, maybe one of these days our owners will set us up with a "play date".  Wouldn't that be the cats meow!!  Until then, however, I guess I'm left to daydream, sigh....same with the mouse.  I used to have a toy mouse, and I think I loved it just as much as this kitty does:



But wait!  Lest all you humans out there who are under the impression that we felines make fearless hunters when it comes to mice, think again:

 

Hmmm, come to think of it, I think I might fall into that category! And there are some of us out there who even think "Tom and Jerry":



Happy Mouse Hunting!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter

About Me

My photo
Tulsa, OK, United States
Meow! I'm Mischief, a 4 year old female black cat (descendant of the Bombay breed). I'm pretty sweet and loveable most of the time, but I sure can live up to my name! This is my blog, so grab some catnip, sit back, relax, and enjoy reading all about my exciting cat tales of travel, adventure and FUN!!

Networked Blogs

Powered by Blogger.