Monday, September 6, 2010

My Labor Day Weekend


Apparently in the human world, there's a holiday that falls on the first Monday of September every year.  They call it "Labor Day".  I wouldn't know anything about it, nor did I get to 'celebrate' as my master and mistress did by going on a "float/camping trip".  But that's ok, although as usual, I missed my humans like crazy while they were gone.  I knew they were going on an overnight trip when I saw them packing stuff, and they gave me extra food and water.  I watched through the windows (that they left open for me) as they piled their gear in the truck and pulled away.
My humans don't go on overnight trips very often, and this time, like all the rest, was spent doing a lot of sleeping.  I mean, what else is there to do?  Occasionally, I'd swat one of my toys around, and look out the window for birds or to check on the off chance my owners might be coming home.  But then I'd go back to curling up and catnapping.  Aside from the periodic noises coming from neighbors going up and down the stairs, my weekend was uneventful.
Then on Sunday night, I was sound asleep when suddenly I heard my name! I jumped up immediately and scampered toward the window and looked out.  Hmmm...nothing.  I didn't hear them anymore or see them.  Where were they?  Was I dreaming??  Well, dream or no dream I continued to scour the street looking for any sign of them.  Unbeknownst to me, they had passed by en route to grab a bite to eat before coming home, and my mistress had shouted to me out the car window.  And I'd heard her!
A short time later, I was still anxiously waiting for them....and then I saw their truck pull up!  meow...MEOW...MMEEEOOOWWWW!!!!!  I was happily proclaiming my joy at the sight of seeing them!  They were home!  Yippee!!!  I kept meowing as they got out of the truck and came up the stairs!  I'm sure you could hear my voiciferous greeting all the way down the street!  They were as happy to see me as I was to see them!
Aside from the excitement at their being home, there were all kinds of curious smells marking their travels.  I definitely could make out traces of the river, and the faint scent of....wait, what?  Another animal??  Maybe dog?  Oh, it must have been the dog they were talking about - that they found paddling in the water following other floaters!  I guess it was a stray, and one of the humans in their party almost took it home but it ended up running off.  I'm not sure how I would feel if they had ended up bringing it home to me!  I'm a one cat household, after all!
So my mistress and master were home safe and sound finally, after being gone for what seemed like eons!  And no, thank you very much, I think I would have passed on floating down a river all day and camping overnight!  I'll leave that for the dogs!

River doggie   

Ahhh, they're home  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter

About Me

My photo
Tulsa, OK, United States
Meow! I'm Mischief, a 4 year old female black cat (descendant of the Bombay breed). I'm pretty sweet and loveable most of the time, but I sure can live up to my name! This is my blog, so grab some catnip, sit back, relax, and enjoy reading all about my exciting cat tales of travel, adventure and FUN!!

Networked Blogs

Powered by Blogger.