Friday, September 17, 2010

Lovesick and Lovestarved.....

Well, maybe not "lovestarved", after all, I get plenty of love and attention from my humans.  But the other day they kept wondering why I was sitting by the door and meowing.  Finally, it dawned on them!  It must be another cat.  Surely they heard the other cat meowing the previous night!  I heard it!  And I wanted to, no, correction, I needed to know where it was coming from!  Did one of the neighbors get a new kitty?  Or was it a stray, like the two tabbies that were hanging around on the back stairwell for a spell last fall? Hmmm...
It's been so long since I've heard the familiar "call of the wild" - I recall when I first moved into this apartment building last summer, my neighbor downstairs had an "outdoor" cat that he adopted...a calico that got a whiff of me and would literally come upstairs to court me.  My humans would allow us to sniff each other, and boy did he drool over me!
Back home in Florida, my neighbor across the street had several outdoorzy types, and I remember one time, my mistress tried to play matchmaker with "Conan",  a burly Siamese who was the "alpha cat" of my street.  Well, not being educated in feline social graces, after a few moments of being placed a few feet in front of him, I guess I got a little overzealous and decided to charge Conan!  Needless to say, I unfortunately scared him away, and sadly I never got the opportunity to get up close and personal with him again.  Sigh, I need advice for the lovelorn....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter

About Me

My photo
Tulsa, OK, United States
Meow! I'm Mischief, a 4 year old female black cat (descendant of the Bombay breed). I'm pretty sweet and loveable most of the time, but I sure can live up to my name! This is my blog, so grab some catnip, sit back, relax, and enjoy reading all about my exciting cat tales of travel, adventure and FUN!!

Networked Blogs

Powered by Blogger.